Our campus staff uses a variety of resources accepted by the Texas Education Agency to ensure active learning and creativity.
Our teachers will have specific access to the following resources and more:
- Learning Without Tears
- Handwriting Without Tears
- HighScope Curriculum
- (Children’s Learning Institute) CLI Engage Resource System
Age Requirement: Students must turn 4 by September 1, 2020 in order to attend our campus for the 2020-2021 school year.
Eligibility: Our PK program is a state-funded, tuition-free, full-day program and as such we follow the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements. Students must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives SNAP or TANF or Medicaid benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by district or public school assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (as determined by district or public school); or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing; or
- Star of Texas Award, child of eligible person.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility upon seat offer acceptance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the PK teachers certified?
Is there opportunity for free play/centers in PK?
What type of discipline will be used in the PK classroom?
Is the PK program a full day program?
Will there be an opportunity for movement, recess, special classes like art, music, library, PE? How often is recess in a day, is PE offered every day?
How is STEM applied to the PK program?