Who We Are
SST founder Dr. Turgay Korkmaz, a computer science professor at the University of Texas at San Antonio, found that many students entering the university were not prepared for entry level science and mathematics courses. Others interested in quality education for all students joined him and established the School of Science and Technology.
The School of Science and Technology opened the first campus located at Loop 410 and Nacogdoches in the fall of 2005. Since 2005, SST has opened six schools:
After a decade of consistent high performance in all schools, the School of Science and Technology will move to establish more schools to serve more underserved children.
- In 2016-2017, SST opened two campuses in Houston, and this initiates a period of planned growth.
- SST plans to open three new campuses in the 2017-2018 school year. One will be in San Antonio.
- Each following year, SST plans to open two new campuses.
- The campuses will be established in San Antonio, Houston and Corpus Christi.
- In two years the San Antonio SST high school will be relocated to accommodate growth.
The planned growth will increase the number of SST teachers, administrators and staff from the current 300-800 in five years